Dr Amir Lass MD, B.Med.Sc., MA, MBA
- Experienced Medical Affairs and Clinical Development senior physician with over 25 years background in clinical medicine and pharmaceutical industry. Unique in having expertise across speciality, generics and OTC products. Significant European-wide knowledge gained via serving as EU VP head of medical affairs and independent consultant in large pharma and biotechnology companies.
- Deep understanding of Medical Department management- 12 years at VP/Medical Director level with direct responsibility for Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, compliance and governance, medical information, drug safety, health policy management, and experience of assessing potential in- licensing candidates. Responsibility of P&L and large team of > 200 professional employees.
- Extensive international and European experience in trials management from phase II-IV: designing, implementing and publication of large multicentre studies.
- Proactive, strategic thinker, energetic and enthusiastic leader with strong commercial acumen and proven track record of building, integrating, motivating, and mentoring multinational medical teams across Europe.
- A specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology with specific expertise in infertility and reproductive medicine demonstrated in numerous publications in this field.
- Substantial industry experience in: Neurology; Women Health; Oncology and Haematology; Dermatology; Cardio-Vascular and Hypertension; Diabetes and Endocrinology; Immunology/Inflammation; Generic and biosimilar products
After 4 rewarding years as VP Medical Affairs Teva Europe, Amir is returning to his consultancy career, in which he successfully established Haipharm Ltd for 5 years prior to his position in Teva. Amir thoroughly enjoys the consultancy environment and the ability to contribute from his experience and expertise to different and diverse UK and international pharmaceutical/biotechnology companies.